Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Burden too Heavy to Carry.

Psalm 61:1-4 - Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed : lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy . I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
Ever feel like you are faced with a task, trial or problem that seems to be too huge to bear?  There is no one that would fully understand and be able to bear the heavy burden you carry?  I have my times of being hit by this.  Everyone has different trials, tribulations and burdens they each go through.  Some we might see and be able to bear with one another and others might be ones that we don’t feel like we can share. Then there might be times we feel others cannot grasp how hard a certain trial or burden really is to go through.  
While reading Psalm 61:1-4, it reminded me how it does not matter if I have others to talk to or bear my seemly overwhelming burden with, I have God.  The one who created me and knows me best.  The one who knows this burden so much better then any person ever could.  I am able to cry out to Him , laying all at His feet because He is the one who can take this seemingly endless mountain from my shoulder and give me rest. Telling me, “My child, rest.  Let me handle this.  I know what is best for you.  I know what is best for those you love”.  
I cannot explain the peace that over comes you when you truly give your burdens, trials and tribulations over to the Master to deal with it.  Yes this might not be a one time deal. Yes, you might have to do this daily.  I too have had to daily re-lay the same burden down at His feet.  Oh but the peace that comes after is so very sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen! Glad to see you are Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Deanna! It is something that I have thought about for years but just never took the plunge (even when I started, it took me a couple weeks and several posts before I shared it with more than my husband. lol). I always am blessed by your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Psalm 61:1-4 Thank you Esther for sharing!

    ReplyDelete